Job Title: Software Engineer (Backend)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Torbjörn Weiland, Region Director – EU
Seniority Level: Senior/Engineer
Are you persistent, passionate, and focused? Do you have the drive to succeed in a fast paced and high energy environment? Bring your charisma, confidence, and creativeness and join our global software team. This is an excellent opportunity for goal-oriented individuals who want to join the leading cloud based physical security solution company in the United States.
The position can be in the United States or Sweden.
We are an award-winning PSaaS provider with solutions that combine all aspects of physical security delivered as a service. Our cloud solutions enable the seamless convergence of video surveillance, access control, audio technologies, and video monitoring. YourSix is an equal opportunity employer.
The backend teams are divided into two areas of responsibility: Core services and frontend APIs
As a backend developer within the core services team, you will be responsible to develop new services as needed and also maintain existing service. There are many different kinds of core services: media upload, device connection, device inventory, notification broker etc.
We adhere to the backend-for-frontend archiectural design pattern, and thus, the frontend application teams develops and maintain their own set of frontend/ingress APIs (that is, their own BFF). As a backend developer within the frontend application teams, you will be responsible for those APIs and to integrate towards the core services of the PSaaS platform.
We do most of our backend development in Golang, but in cases where needed and if there is any more suited technology, exceptions can be made.
- Developing and delivering new features.
- Take ownership of the entire DevOps life cycle of the service(s) produced.
- Coordinate work with both the frontend application teams and the core service team.
- Involved in debugging and fixing bugs.
- Be part of the on-call chain for the service.
- Mentor junior developers and share knowledge with other teams.
- YourSix is a small company so you must be ready to tackle many different kind of tasks, not at the same time though.
- Relevant education in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Five years experience of software engineering
- Experience with OAuth2, both AuthN and AuthZ (or very eager to learn).
- Experience with working DevOpsy.
- Experience of AWS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with others, but also the ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.