- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory control: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
At YourSix, we are working to change the world of physical security. Our team brings together a diverse set of skills bringing Cloud solutions to our partners and clients. As a Shipping and Receiving Associate you will be able to make a real impact. The ideal candidate will have office shipping/receiving and purchasing experience, display exceptional attention to detail and have superb organizational skills. This position offers a ton of challenges, along with learning and growth opportunities.
The primary function of a Shipping and Receiving Associate is to work closely with our project teams to ensure timely execution of day-to-day Supply-Chain activities. This role will focus on shipping and receiving, staging projects, tracking of inventory, managing our return materials authorizations and providing back up support to purchasing as needed. All responsibilities would be covered with on-the job training and would be required to be performed in compliance with YourSix established procedures/guidelines.
- Receive, count and verify all incoming parcels, freight, etc., notating damage and discrepancies.
- Promptly notify recipients about receipt of their packages.
- Log all incoming items, letters and packages, including certified, registered, return receipt, Federal Express and UPS.
- Log serial numbers of product to proper customer account upon receipt of equipment
- Confirm billing amounts are correct and match purchase order before sending to accounting for entry.
- Process, sort, and stage packages for delivery.
- Prepare and package outgoing materials to prevent in-transit damage, including shipping documentation for both domestic and future international shipments.
- Ensure proper physical controls regarding inventory are in place and monitored routinely.
- Identify excess inventory returning to stock and processing credits. Notifies manager of all product lead time shortages and/or excessive lead times to ensure we meet the demands of our customers.
- Provide back up and overflow support for purchasing in creating PO’s
- Ensure product catalog is always up to date with products and proper pricing
- Sound knowledge of fundamental material handling, shipping, packaging, receiving, inventory control and disposition, supply documentation, data and transactional management, material distribution and/or delivery.
- Working computer literacy using ERP systems, Microsoft spreadsheet and word processing software and inventory control procedures are required.
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates.
- Experience providing support in a fast-paced environment (experience with high-growth start-up environments is a plus).
Required Core Competencies:
- One (1) year experience or more in warehouse, stockroom or inventory control position(s) is mandatory. Security experience is desired.
- Familiar with tracking systems such as FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
- Familiar with preparation of international shipments and regulations.
- Proficient with ERP’s and Excel.
- Ability to handle interruptions and maintain focus.
- Ability to work flexible/additional hours on short notice.
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner and thrives in ambiguity
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance