Full Job Description
We are an award-winning PSaaS provider with solutions that combine all aspects of physical security delivered as a service. Our cloud solutions enable the seamless convergence of video surveillance, access control, audio technologies, and video monitoring.
YourSix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title: Physical Security Cloud Design Engineer
Reports To: Lead, Design Engineer
As a design engineer, first and foremost you will act as our customer’s advocate creating cloud based physical security solutions. You are accountable for the integrated security system design and review of system functionality to determine proper operation of access control, IP video and other security systems and controls. Responsibilities include the full design, pricing, documentation and visual diagrams for specific requests and general design engineering support for sales. You will support both internal and external customers.
- Create and own the customer’s design and proposal process working side by side with the sales and sales engineering team.
- Create a customer facing proposal utilizing appropriate pricing and ensuring appropriate margins are held. Occasionally work with sales to present to the customer.
- Meet with sub-contractors, internal and external customers, or other engineers to understand product and specification requirements, objectives, timelines, and project tasks.
- Work closely with the sales support team to create SOW for site surveys and assist in the hand off to project coordination.
- Make recommendations regarding the quality of the work and potential changes in scope, identifying ways to continuously improve the customer’s experience.
- Consults with technical support to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance and warranty work.
- Performs all work in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations as well as company healthy and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
- Apply fundamental design principles and practices to identify cost effective security solutions that meet our customer’s expectations.
- Understands basic blueprints, schematics, manuals and other specifications to create a functional security design and determine installation proceduresInitiative
- Customer focused mindset while keeping the company and its interests in mind
- Ability to estimate projects with the appropriate level of engineering and margin consideration
- Troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
- High ability to articulate and communicate well with field technicians and end user
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and properly exercise the word “no”
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in security systems sales engineering, estimating or related experience required
- Experience in design of physical security systems at an enterprise level.
- AUTOCAD experience a plus, but not required
- Experience including MS Office application [Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, etc.]
- Experience working in a CRM environment
Axis Certification a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote