Saint Paul, MN 55113
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are an award-winning, innovative physical security provider with solutions that combine all aspects of physical security delivered as a service [PSaas]. Our cloud solutions enable the seamless convergence of video surveillance, access control, audio technologies, and video monitoring.
In this role you will have limitless opportunities to make a huge impact and work alongside great people. We are a high-growth organization looking for Controller to help lead the finance team. We work hard but never lose site of the things that matter.
Overview: The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Financial Statement Preparation, Analysis and Reporting
- Cash Management and forecasting in consultation with CFO
- Budgeting and rolling forecast maintenance
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Developing and monitoring business performance metric
- Supervision of Finance team – Accounting Manager, Payroll Specialist, Financial Analyst
- Other duties that arise during the normal course of business.
- Report Generation
- Financial Analysis
- Expense Analysis and Review
- Expense Report Review
- Income Tax compilation, meetings, and review with tax preparer
- New Business Ventures – discussion, advice, Pro Formas
- Software Implementations
- Sales Tax oversight
- State of MN Renewals
- Maintain Chart of Accounts
- Develop and oversee commission plans
- Oversight on Company Policies & Procedures
- Special Projects/anything new
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required or 7-10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills.
- QuickBooks Experience
- Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SaaS industry, metrics, and systems solutions preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.